Sunday, October 14, 2007

Books, stories, pizza, and ninjas

I got my books! I love books. The only real problem is that I got them all at once so I can't decide which one to read first. They're all sitting on various pieces of furniture, opened to page one or two or five and then abandoned because this other book is even shinier!

Sunday seems to be my day to overhaul old stories lately. Today I dusted off yet another retired story and sent it off. I also got a rejection and took another look at the story in question. I cut 700 words and sent it somewhere else. If you don't enter, you can't win. And more to the point, you can't order pizza in celebration.

I started work on my Nano outline, but I didn't get far. I now know a little more about the main characters, but the plot--the plot needs mucho attention. Typically, with Nano you're moving so fast that if you get stuck, the recommended method is to suddenly have ninjas (or pirates, or robots, or cowboys) show up and physically move your characters to a new scene. If I don't do more work on the outline, I'm going to have to rename the book Jack of All Trades and Also Ninjas.

No comments: