Wednesday, June 18, 2008

The book puzzle

The neighbors have installed a waist-high citronella burner in their yard. It is disconcerting, to say the least, to be typing along and notice an open flame eight feet away from me, even if it is outside on the other side of the hedge. Which is going to catch fire any second now.

I've gotten a lot of writing done in the last two days. I have so much I need to cover in the rest of this book that I've had to give up on the original outline. I've now got a point-by-point outline set out by day, so that I know exactly when everything happens in relation to everything else. There is a mystery involved as part of the plot, so I guess I'm getting a taste of what a real murder mystery writer has to do.

It's kind of fun. Like putting together a puzzle.

No comments: