Saturday, June 21, 2008

Chicken burrito = fail

I am doubtful about this microwave chicken burrito. It fails the smell test. That is, it smells like the inside of a filthy diner in Podunk, Indiana, the one with greasy dust on all the windows and dead flies on the windowsills. It may be the best thing I ever ate, but I think I'm going to throw it away without finding out. I think I can stand to waste 38 cents plus tax. Besides, I have a beef and bean burrito in the freezer that I know I'll like because I've been eating them for lunch all week.

I've been writing for hours, but it's going slowly. I'm at a low point in the action before it explodes, and I want to get through this part tonight and hopefully get a big chunk of the climax written tomorrow. I'd like to finish the rough draft to Stag in Velvet by mid-July (if not sooner). For one thing, I want to work on something else--not because I'm sick of these characters, but because if I didn't make myself work on other stuff, I'd happily write about these characters forever.

2 comments:

Diana Mivelli said...

Hello Noisy Typewriter,

I have been reading your blog for about two months now. Found it by accident but it's one of my favs. I'm a novice writer and you inspire me with your wit and dedication! I'm relatively new to blogging but once I get around to adding a fav blogs link to my blog (http://www.innercriticseattle.blogspot.com/), I'd like to add your blog URL.

Thanks for posting so regularly!
Diana

K.C. Shaw said...

*gulp* Thanks! I try and pretend no one really reads the blog or else I get nervous! :)

I like your blog--I just went and took a look at it. Great movie reviews! I'm going to link to you, if you don't mind.