Thursday, June 12, 2008

Thursday evening whine

Today's Thursday, which means I have the day off. I intended to get a lot of writing done today, but--surprise--I didn't. Instead I spent the day playing Exile III (got sweet sweet revenge on those damn troglos and totally reamed out their castle) and watching Harvey Birdman, Attorney at Law (finally got season 1 on DVD). And I made rice pudding and burned it--or rather, my terrible oven burned it despite me turning the temp down to 300 and taking the pan out ten minutes early. I have never in my life encountered an oven that ran so hot.

I went over my sub list and made a few unpleasant discoveries. The story I sent to Heliotrope two months ago--never got there. The story I sent to Coyote Wild one month ago--never got there. And the story I sent to Abyss & Apex four months ago--well, I read it over and it's really, really terrible. (Incidentally, I seem to be cursed about Coyote Wild subs. This is the second one I've attempted and they never received.)

I sent the Heliotrope story to Fantasy Magazine, the Coyote Wild story to ASIM, and dumped the Abyss & Apex story in the "retired" folder. Then I realized that I don't have a story to enter this quarter in the Writers of the Future contest. And I am totally out of story ideas and don't want to write any short fiction right now anyway. I think I'll just eat some burnt rice pudding and play some more Exile III instead.

No comments: