Monday, July 7, 2008

Not as much cutting as I'd like

I've cut only 4,000 words from Stag in Velvet so far, and I'm a third of the way in. Dammit, I was hoping to trim it more than this. But I do think I've quickened the pace a little, and of course this is just the first go-through.

I can't do these revisions at work--I have to be in front of the computer, because I'm moving stuff around in the document. So what on earth am I going to do tomorrow when I have down time and a notebook with empty pages? I guess I'll have to work on a short story to tide me over--I don't want to plunge back into White Rose until these revisions are done.

I do have a good idea for a short story, but I haven't thought it through as far as a plot and setting and things like that. I guess I'll have to figure out a plot real fast.

4 comments:

Cate Gardner said...

Hey 4,000 is good.

K.C. Shaw said...

8,000 is better! But 4,000 cut is still much better than 4,000 added.

Camille Alexa said...

Writing wih pen and paper. Ugh.

K.C. Shaw said...

I have terrible handwriting. You'd think with all this practice, I'd get better at it.