Sunday, November 23, 2008

The ultimate NaNoWriMo problem

I've written about 47,500 words on my NaNo book since the beginning of November. This is great, because I still have almost a full week to write those last 2,500 words. Except that the book is done.

It's done like dinner. It's totally finished. There is no need to add one more scene. But if I don't write 2,500 more words, I will fail NaNo!

I guess I will just have to write a 2,500 word short story in the next week and count that. But even if I don't, The Taste of Magic is done! I read it over today and it's good! It flows well, the characters are interesting, and it's a fun plot.

Now I set it aside for a month or two and let it age. When I come back and reread it, let's hope it's as good as I think it is.

5 comments:

Aaron Polson said...

WHOOT! Good for you! Celebrate! Explosions

K.C. Shaw said...

Explosions for everyone!

Only I already miss writing this book. It was loads of fun! I guess I can start thinking about a sequel.

Jamie Eyberg said...

Someone once said, when asked how long book should be, "As long as it takes to tell the story." (I think it might have been Mark Twain but I will have to look it up.)

Carrie Harris said...

YAY for you! Hope you do something nice to celebrate, because you deserve it!

K.C. Shaw said...

Jamie--that sounds like Twain, but if it's not, I'll just credit it to you. :)

Carrie--I celebrated by making myself sick on ice cream. I swear I think I ate a full pint yesterday. Today I will celebrate by not eating any ice cream at all.