Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Just checking in for like one second

Because I am not dead, but probably people are starting to wonder. Or not.

I got an email from Mundania Sunday saying they're making their final decisions on manuscripts within the next two weeks. Last night I dreamed that I got a rejection from them. And today I see on Duotrope that someone has reported an acceptance. So I am feeling sort of stoic and doomed every time I check my email today.

Even a weekend did not catch me up on anything. I'm feeling sort of guilty about some stuff I've promised to do and haven't gotten to, and guilty about not doing hardly any writing lately--although since I've been thinking through the plot, I think taking a brief writing hiatus is actually good. I don't have tomorrow off, either, which is a bummer.

4 comments:

Aaron Polson said...

I'm nibbling my nails for you on the Mundania front (even though I don't have nails...it's more of a metaphoric nibble)

Cate Gardner said...

If enough of us imagine you receiving an acceptance perhaps it will be enough to make it happen. Let us know. :)

Jamie Eyberg said...

If my thoughts are worth anything that acceptance is as good as yours. :)

K.C. Shaw said...

Thanks, y'all, I'll keep you posted. Hopefully I'll hear soon one way or another.

Maybe all your nice thoughts will help with the cold I seem to be coming down with too.