Sunday, March 29, 2009

vacuuming the cat

Mom's got some sort of all-day church thing today (she's in the choir) and I only had a few things I needed to do today, so when I got up this morning I was full of plans to get TONS of writing done.

First I decided to get my must-dos out of the way. I beta-read a story for Jameson T. Caine (which I should have done days ago) and enjoyed that so much that I decided the day was going to be an utter success. Thus encouraged, I went ahead and did the less-agreeable tasks I'd set for myself today: cleaning up the kitchen and study. That was kind of fun too, since I stopped partway through for an early lunch and then felt virtuous when I washed my dishes. I rewarded myself with a little bit of Exile II.

Did I start writing after that? Well, I had so much other stuff I needed to get done first.... So I cleaned the bathroom, picked up and vacuumed my bedroom, took a bunch of recycle stuff out, went to the store, wrote out my bills and got them ready to mail, filed the stack of important papers in my important papers file, pulled out old important papers that I didn't need to keep and put them aside for shredding, and even got the shredder out to shred them, except I can't make it work. I rewarded myself with a little more Exile II.

Now it's after 4pm, and I have this useless feeling of guilt that I wasted the day. Writers. We have absolutely no perspective.

Of course, I still have several hours in which to write this evening. But I really need to clean my hiking boots and get my work clothes ready for the week.

8 comments:

Aaron Polson said...

You slacker. I bet you were the kid who saved all her homework for Sunday evening. ;) Happy writing, cleaning, whatever.

K.C. Shaw said...

Aaron--Sunday evening? I did my homework on the schoolbus Monday morning! :p

Jamie Eyberg said...

I never did homework. I am amazed I got as far in life as I have.

Jameson T. Caine said...

I've had days like that. They're good/bad for me. Good that I accomplished something positive. Bad in that it wasn't the writing I wanted to get done.

Glad you enjoyed the two stories!

Oh, and you forgot to mention the cheese puffs. ;)

Cate Gardner said...

I suppose I should clean at some point. :)

K.C. Shaw said...

Jamie--You muscled through with sheer brainpower, obviously! Or you had rotten teachers like me. :)

Jameson--I thought those cheese puffs helped with writing! Maybe I have to, you know, open the word file before they kick in.

Cate--I don't recommend cleaning. It takes too much time away from writing, and then you just have to clean up again a few days later anyway.

Carrie Harris said...

I think I need some cheese puffs. You accomplished way more than me; I'll tell you that!

K.C. Shaw said...

Cheese puffs must help with writing. I had some with my lunch and wrote several hundred words! And my keyboard is orange now for some reason.