Wednesday, September 16, 2009

WIP Wednesday: Bell-Men

I've written 18,000 words on the Bell-Men WIP since last week. Not a bad word-count at all! I've come up with some ideas for the plot and have thrown in a murder too. Murders are as good as cowboys and ninjas for moving a plot forward.

I still haven't renamed poor Cassie. It's getting urgent. So since I'm off work tomorrow, here's my Thursday goal: write 2,000 words so I'll be at a tidy 20,000 for the week, and figure out the perfect name for the main character. I think if I change her last name I'll have a lot more options; I can't choose a one-syllable name for her while her last name is also one-syllable.

But right now I want to watch Ghost Hunters and read Cybermancy by Kelly McCullough. It's a nice short book, sequel to WebMage, which I rather liked.

11 comments:

Danielle Birch said...

Not a bad word count! Seriously!

Jameson T. Caine said...

Great googly moogly! I am in awe at your one week word count. Keep it goin'!

Gonna dive into Jack of all Trades tonight.

K.C. Shaw said...

Danielle--I'm pretty proud of it. :)

Jameson--It's about time I started to really buckle down and write. I hope you like Jack!

Alan W. Davidson said...

http://www.momswhothink.com/baby-girl-names/baby-girl-names-c.html

That's a link to a list of girl 'C' names. Cameo really caught my eye. That's a wicked word count for the week! Holy Doodle, 4 weeks like that in November and you'd have 75-80k for Nano!

K.C. Shaw said...

Cameo, hmm. Cameo Key. I like the name, but I'm not sure it fits the MC's personality. I like Cam a lot as a nickname, but Cam Key sounds like I've got a popcorn hull wedged in my throat.

Yeah, I'm definitely going to have to change the last name.

Jamie Eyberg said...

Holy Buckets of words! What an output. I don't know how you do it.

Aaron Polson said...

Man, I'd kill for an 18K week.

Scratch that. I wouldn't kill, but it would be nice.

Cate Gardner said...

18K, you are a powerhouse.

K.C. Shaw said...

Jamie--I save it all up for six months and then start to write again, apparently.

Aaron--I've almost killed a whole notebook, does that count?

Cate--Hopefully I can keep up the pace. I'd like to finish this one in time to start something new for Nano.

BT said...

I'd kill for that output - seriously.

I'm looking at setting up an alter and rounding up all the roaches and spiders I can find.

I'd even consider a chicken cutlet from the butcher if it'll help...

Well done - seriously impressed.

Word verification = biggies (It just made me smile)

K.C. Shaw said...

It sounds like you want to build an altar to roaches. I don't know if that would help your wordcount, but if it does, let me know. :)