Tuesday, October 27, 2009

More words! More words!

I just found out today that my story "Orcs and Trolls" will be included in the Every Day Fiction 2009 Anthology! I really didn't think I'd be in this one, although I have two stories in last year's anthology, which you should totally order. Every Day Fiction will be publishing another of my stories soon, "Fall or Fly."

I wrote a bunch of new scenes for Bell-Men today. I need to type them up, but as of last night I was up to 94,500 words. I suspect I'm closer to 98,000 words today. Eventually I'd like to, you know, stop writing on it. On the other hand, the scenes today were fun to write. Cam got beat up a little (again, poor thing) and she retaliated by hitting the guy in the head with a glass paperweight. Yeah.

11 comments:

Alan W. Davidson said...

That was a great story, KC. Well deserving of the anthology.

Aaron Polson said...

Huzzah for "Orcs and Trolls"! I remember laughing at that one...in the intended way, of course.

And ouch! Paperweight to the head.

K.C. Shaw said...

Alan--Thanks!

Aaron--I had a lot of fun writing that story (and the scene with the paperweight to the head).

K.C. Shaw said...

Thanks!

Jamie Eyberg said...

That is a great story, well worthy of inclusion in the antho.

I have never been hit in the head with a glass paperweight, I don't think I want to be either.

K.C. Shaw said...

Yeah, I imagine it would hurt a lot. Of course, the guy was trying to kill Cam. That'll teach him.

Anne Spollen said...

Terrific! Congratulations!

Love retaliation scenes, especially ones involving glass.

Diana said...

Congratulations! :)

Danielle Birch said...

Congratulations. Most excellent news.

Richard said...

You know, the best reason to read your blog is to see such a large collection of people who do not spell the word as "congradulations." I am so sick of seeing that.

So hurrah for KC's blog-buddies. :)

Oh, and congratulations!

K.C. Shaw said...

I chose my friends for their spelling abilities. :)