Friday, February 19, 2010

Thoughts to keep you up at night

Your favorite book, the one you would have reread until it fell apart, the one that would have changed your life forever, will be published a year after you die.

Or no--it's already been published. Self-published. It's up on Lulu, badly edited with a terrible stock cover. You'll never find it.

Or no--it hasn't even been written. The writer started it but got so discouraged that he or she never finished it. The first half is on the writer's hard drive. Tomorrow the writer's going to delete the only copy.

Writers! Write faster and don't give up! People are depending on you!

*cue inspiring music*
*fade out into the sunset*

13 comments:

Aaron Polson said...

Man. I feel like a slouch.

Fox Lee said...

To glory! : )

K.C. Shaw said...

Aaron--Write faster! We're all waiting!

Natalie--Huzzah!

Jamie Eyberg said...

That post is either really inspiring or very discouraging. As Nat said, To glory!

Alan W. Davidson said...

Yeah! What the southern lady said! Very inspirational...I'll return to hibernation now...

Paula RC said...

Now I know I must get off line and get on with my novel. Thank you for the kick up my butt.

Good night, KC X

K.C. Shaw said...

Jamie--Well, I thought it up in the shower, so it's not all that profound. :)

Alan--You have to write even while you hibernate! Go on, write faster!

Jarmara--My work here is done. :)

Carrie Harris said...

Thank you for the nightmares. :)

K.C. Shaw said...

Happy to oblige. :)

Danielle Birch said...

Need more time...

K.C. Shaw said...

No! Faster, faster! Type faster! :)

Danielle Birch said...

Reminds me of a movie I saw once - Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

K.C. Shaw said...

lol! Faster, Pussycat! Write, Write!