Monday, April 19, 2010

Updatery

My fantasy novel Weaver's Shroud came out last week from Double Dragon Press. It's an ebook, so if you have one of those new-fangled iPads or nooks or Kindles, you can download my book and read it! On your ereader! Tres moderne. Also, it's on sale because it's a new release. Tres cheape.

The agent rejections for Bell-Men are trickling in verrry slowly. Out of 20 queries sent three weeks ago, I've heard back from seven agents, all of them form rejections. I've got a bad feeling about this. Even The Taste of Magic, which no one likes, got three partial requests. I'm not sure if it's my query, my writing, my plot, or just the state of things. From what I keep hearing, agents are absolutely overwhelmed with queries lately. So far it seems obvious that I don't have what it takes to stand out from the hundreds of queries that arrive every day.

And I hesitate to ask, but would anyone be interested in joining the Skunk Cat Book Reviews team as a fourth reviewer? I don't particularly care what you like to read or how often you would review, but you'd need to be able to explain in your review why you liked or didn't like a particular book (and we only review books), and I'd like reviews that haven't appeared anywhere else. Since adding you as a reviewer would mean giving you admin privileges, I'd rather deal with someone who I already know online. If you're interested, drop me an email at kateshaw123 [at] gmail dotcom. The reason we need another person is because I like having at least one new review up every week, and all three of us are busy lately and I hate to nag the others about adding new reviews. Having a fourth reviewer might help. :)

10 comments:

Fox Lee said...

FIngers cross for a happy query related email soon! : )

Carrie Harris said...

My fingers are crossed for you too! It'll come!!!

K.C. Shaw said...

Natalie and Carrie--Thanks! I hope so!

Cate Gardner said...

I don't understand why it wouldn't stand out, it's one of the few 'in progress' books I've heard the synopsis of and knew I had to read it. Perhaps the first seven agents were wrong for it and the universe is waiting for someone more appropriate.

Totally unrelated, the word verification is 'ironme'... Erm, okay, but it's going to hurt.

Cate Gardner said...

Oh, and congratulations. Doh!

K.C. Shaw said...

Cate--I don't want to iron anyone or anything, especially my clothes. :)

Here's hoping for Agent #8.

Aaron Polson said...

Congrats...I'll head over and check it out. And agents...meh. Hang in there.

K.C. Shaw said...

Thanks! Natalie's agreed to review for us, so that should be a lot of fun. :)

Danielle Birch said...

Congrats! I don't have any of those machines though. Am very behind in technology. Can I download in pdf format?

Am crossing my fingers re: the agent as well. All this finger crossing has got to send some good vibes, surely :)

K.C. Shaw said...

They pretty much offer their ebooks in any format going, I think. And I'm really hoping for the next agent to be thrilled with my query and at least ask for a partial.