Friday, October 29, 2010

NaNoEeeeeeek!

I don't have anything to say, but I need to blog. <--words people dread seeing at the top of a post.

I am so completely unprepared for NaNoWriMo. Two freaking days and that's it! I'd planned to outline the rest of Adventures in Zoology but of course I haven't. I guess I know what I'll be doing this weekend.

I have come to the conclusion that I'm not actually done with The Trickster Society. As soon as NaNo's over, I'm digging in for a complete overhaul of the plot. I pretty much know what I want to do although I still need to decide what the bad guy's motivation is and how that will affect Ivy. I think the rewrite will only take a few weeks; hopefully I'll be able to go back to querying by the beginning of 2011.

But by hook or by crook, I'm going to finish Adventures in Zoology this year. It's waited long enough.

8 comments:

Fox Lee said...

Ah, Nanowrimo. Never again is so much coffee consumed by so many writers.

K.C. Shaw said...

I don't even drink coffee and yet somehow it flows through my veins during NaNo.

Cate Gardner said...

I'm sitting here all confidently prepared and you know what in a week you'll be scorching ahead of me.

K.C. Shaw said...

Only because I will probably cheat. I'll open the dictionary and start copying words at random.

Aaron Polson said...

Heh. At least NaNo provides plenty of drama.

K.C. Shaw said...

Sometimes it's drama of the desperate-plot-points kind, too.

Danielle Birch said...

KC, I did some last minute plotting on Saturday after panic set in and I wasn't sure if I had such a great story after all. I'm over it now and got off to a good start. I'll be going back to The Corpse Butterfly after NaNo too and getting it ready to sub to agents in the new year, so looks like we'll be in the same boat.

K.C. Shaw said...

I've decided to just go with it over NaNo and just write whatever I like. That's BOUND to work, right? :) Good luck with your projects!